Met up with my home skillet Angelica Vanessa to do a little window shopping on the strip, only to realize we were wearing similar pieces in our outfits.
There I was exploring the Bra & Panties section in Rainbow when here comes my Bissshhhh with her finger pointing at my pants and then at her shirt. It took me a moment to realize why she was motioning the way that she was but when I did, I made a small scene.
I wasn't mad by any means, just shocked. We've had many instances where we've purchased the same item, but we've never had a moment where we were wearing those items at the same time.
This was a first.
And it just goes to show you how though great minds think alike, our presentation can still be very different.
I remember a time when I used to get slightly annoyed when a friend would get the same thing as me, that was until I realized that someone having the same things as you doesn't mean they will use it, or style it, the same way as you.
When I came to that realization over a decade ago, it made me more open to sharing the whereabouts of my finds with every and anybody. I think this is why I am so into blogging, I want other people to know where to find things and how they may be able to style them if by any chance they didn't know how to.
What She's Wearing:
- Jacket from Asos.com. $30 (sale)
- Top from Joyce Leslie. $14
- Teal corduroy pants from Uniqlo. $15 (Employee Discount)
- Boots from JCPenny.com. $40
- Rings from H&M and Street vendors. $2- $20
What I'm Wearing:
- Beanie handmade and gifted. $0
- Chevron infinity scarf from Burlington Coat Factory. $10
- Black lace moto jacket from Forever21.com. $22.80
- Black tank from Walmart.com. $5
- Sake print stretch pants from Rainbow circa 2 years ago. $19.99
- Black tall boots from Forever21.com. $26